Chevre Starter Cultureeasy to make soft cheese
"My cheese turned out fantastic, it is so easy to make cheese with this starter!"
–Deana, Happy Cheese Maker
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
- starter culture
- New England
Chèvre starter culture
This could not have been easier to use. I’ve made goat cheesecake, cheese balls, spread! People are living the results, me too!
Very simple cheese to make and very tasty
Very convenient culture/rennet combo.
Chèvre starter and rest of supplies
I absolutely love these products! We are beginner cheese makers, and this has been so easy to do with these products!
This chèvre starter makes a marvelous cheese with next to no work! I make it up before going to bed and strain it the next morning. Before lunch, I have a chèvre that my son says is the best cheese I make. I coat the outside of it with dried/crushed herbs from my garden. It is Delish!