Fresh Starter CultureEASY TO USE, PRE-MEASURED CULTURE
"This culture makes it easy to make fresh cheese exactly how my family likes it over and over again!"–Ann, Happy Cheese Maker
Fresh starter culture can be used to make Cottage Cheese, Pot Cheese, Neufchatel and other soft cheese. This culture will make a single batch of mother culture for cheese making.
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- (LMC) Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make 1 quart of prepared culture
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 quart of sterilized milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of fresh starter culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12-15 hours
- Store prepared culture in a refrigerator and use within one week
- Freeze any culture, that will not be used within one week, in ice cube trays
- Repeat the steps above but substitute culture packet for 1-2 cubes (1/4 cup) of prepared culture
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat cheese
I haven't used the product yet, but the delivery was quick!
This culture makes it easy to make fresh goat cheese exactly how my family likes it over and over again!!
I have been making this cultured milk on a regular basis. We eat this in place of yogurt and it's delicious. Also, we use this to make our smoothies.
This ferment is very suitable for my soft cheeses, it gives a creamy taste with a hint of aftertaste, I also add it when doing curd baked milk. Simple and easy to use.
Love the flavor
I use this product a lot. I like the flavor that comes from it.