Automatic Yogurt Maker Combo Set (E79, E79J, E79T, Y5)
Make a double batch of yogurt with this two tiered automatic yogurt making set. Complete with fourteen 6 ounce glass jars, you can now make up to 84 ounces of yogurt in one batch.
An automatic shutoff can be set for a customized incubation time, a beeper will sound when the yogurt is done. Both the jars and lids are dishwasher safe, for easy cleanup.
- Yogurt maker
- Top tier add on unit Fourteen 6 ounce glass jars with screw-top lids
- Yogurt starter culture (sweet)
- Instruction and recipe booklet
- Ideal for preparing regular or Greek-style yogurt
- Makes up to 84 ounces of yogurt
- Dating system allows you to note the yogurt's made-on date
- Digital controls for custom incubation time of up to 15 hours
- Built-in timer that beeps when yogurt is done
- Jars and lids are dishwasher safe
- Wipe exterior of machine with a damp cloth
This yogurt maker maintains the temperature needed to incubate yogurt. Heat your milk on the stove first, add yogurt culture, then pour the milk into the unit for incubating.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
- yogurt culture
I love this because it makes individual sized servings of yogurt, which fits our family's lifestyle better than a large batch of yogurt. I have my own goats and raw goat milk. In the summer when the solids are less in the milk, the yogurt is thin, but in the winter when the milk has high solid content, the yogurt is so thick it doesn't move, even when we dropped a jar on the floor and the top rolled off! My one caution is that the lids to the jars are not tight, so if you are transporting them beware of this. I also discovered that the top tier does not culture as well as the bottom, so I usually only use the bottom layer anyway, so another consideration if you are trying to decide between the double decker model or the regular. For raw goat milk, I heat the milk to 100 degrees F, mix in the yogurt culture and set the unit for 15 hours (longest setting). This gives the thickest yogurt. The flavor is something you cannot match with anything purchased from a store.
I use thus yogurt maker with great success. My family likes the jar size servings. It is easy to use and clean. Price was excellent and the product well made.