This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- cheese making
After having had a series of glass floating thermometers for making cheese, I took the dive and switched to the metal instant-read thermometer. Originally I was concerned that it would not clip on to the variety of pans which I use for cheese making - but I needn't have worried. It clips on three different pans, gives a quick read (and accurate, based on two other thermometers) and was easy to read as well. I can see I'll be using this unit for years to come in my cheesemaking.
Just used it the other day it worked great, it's the best buy for a thermometer. You can't go wrong with this thermometer.
Very easy to read!
NE Cheesemaking is a dream to deal with. Every order shipped lickety split, every product the highest quality.
I've put off buying this for years... I'm glad I finally did! Fits great in my 22 Qt pot and is very accurate. A++ recommended!