This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
"From the comfort of your home..."
NE Cheesemaking is a dream to deal with. Every order shipped lickety split, every product the highest quality.
I've put off buying this for years... I'm glad I finally did! Fits great in my 22 Qt pot and is very accurate. A++ recommended!
Works as advertised
I love cranking up and down the heat and watching the thermometer respond with precision and accuracy! Thanks for such a great cheese-making buddy!
I recently attended my first cheesemaking class at a local creamery where we used this thermometer. , When I embarked for my maiden, solo cheesemaking adventure, I ordered this thermometer. Accurate, of course (tested in boiling water). Easy to use. Clips wonderfully to the stock pot and stays in place. Easy to read numbers. The only thermometer you will need!