This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- cheese making
I like this thermometer because it has lines for each degree, which is more concise than most thermometers. The longer stem is also nice as the pots used with cheesemaking tend to be taller. I already had one of these, but it rolled off the counter and the face broke when it hit the stone floor. It still works, but I am afraid the crack will shorten its longevity. I do like it, so I bought the exact same one.
my long time dairy thermometer had to retire, was glad I purchased the Tel-Tru Thermometer, I make cheese almost everyday, and it works great, took the chance and had purchased a second, as I'm going to be making 2 a day, they both will see a lot of use
This is much easier to read and responds to temperature changes faster than my instant read thermometer. I bought the shorter model because I make small batches of cheese, but a longer stem is available.
I love my tel-tru thermometer. If I have one suggestion it would be to make the stem longer. Sometimes the pot is a little larger than needed and thermometer stem just reaches the liquid. However, most of the time it works great just like it is!!
I love my new thermometer! It is accurate and easy to read! I don't know how I got along without one!