This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
Very accurate thermometer with a long probe to reach milk level in a large pot. Would likely be too long if using less than a 2 gallon pot. I use it almost every day and love it!
Tel Tru Thermometer
The clasp is so flimsy it would not hold the thermometer in the pot. Fell out multiple times in a few minutes - finally hit the floor and broke. It didn't make it through the first batch of yogurt. It would be okay for large pots probably. The smaller thermometer was too small; this one obviously too large.
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
We are so sorry to hear about the broken thermometer. It sounds like the 5" thermometer will be a better fit for your pot, that's the size we use for yogurt and small batches of soft cheese. We'll send out a replacement 5" thermometer for you right away. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
Easy to Read Thermometer
Easy to read. The clip holds the thermometer firmly in place. I probably would get the longer one because accurate reading line was above my milk level.
Quite accurate and supports recalibration
Accurate and Easy to Use
Simple and quite accurate, supports recalibration.