Fresh Starter CultureEASY TO USE, PRE-MEASURED CULTURE
"This culture makes it easy to make fresh cheese exactly how my family likes it over and over again!"–Ann, Happy Cheese Maker
Fresh starter culture can be used to make Cottage Cheese, Pot Cheese, Neufchatel and other soft cheese. This culture will make a single batch of mother culture for cheese making.
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- (LMC) Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make 1 quart of prepared culture
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 quart of sterilized milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of fresh starter culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12-15 hours
- Store prepared culture in a refrigerator and use within one week
- Freeze any culture, that will not be used within one week, in ice cube trays
- Repeat the steps above but substitute culture packet for 1-2 cubes (1/4 cup) of prepared culture
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- Flora Danica
My cottage cheese is made with local, raw milk, Fresh Starter Culture (item# C3) and a wee bit of Flora Danica (item # C11). It smells heavenly and tastes great. The grandkids love it!
Really good culture and bacteria spectrum. Produces a predicted amount of acidity (lactic acid) and a subtle aromatic quality. I find it deal for some basic cheeses fresh cheese, but also works well with a thermophilic culture if you need to age some farmhouse style cheese.
I haven't used the product yet, but the delivery was quick!
This culture makes it easy to make fresh goat cheese exactly how my family likes it over and over again!!
I have been making this cultured milk on a regular basis. We eat this in place of yogurt and it's delicious. Also, we use this to make our smoothies.