This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- cheese making
my long time dairy thermometer had to retire, was glad I purchased the Tel-Tru Thermometer, I make cheese almost everyday, and it works great, took the chance and had purchased a second, as I'm going to be making 2 a day, they both will see a lot of use
This is much easier to read and responds to temperature changes faster than my instant read thermometer. I bought the shorter model because I make small batches of cheese, but a longer stem is available.
I love my tel-tru thermometer. If I have one suggestion it would be to make the stem longer. Sometimes the pot is a little larger than needed and thermometer stem just reaches the liquid. However, most of the time it works great just like it is!!
I love my new thermometer! It is accurate and easy to read! I don't know how I got along without one!
Great thermometer, accurate, and easy to read. I have nothing negative to say about this thermometer but one minor thing and it’s not a negative more just information. When your using the thermometer on smaller pots and have the pot edge holder located in the middle, or further down, it has a tendency to fall off the pot. Not a problem just an FYI.