This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- cheese making
Great Thermometer at Great Price
I purchased the 12” thermometer. This works fantastic for accurately monitoring the temperature of large pots of milk when making cheese!
Love it! I have three cheese thermometers and this one seems to be the most accurate. Worth the money :))
This thermometer awesome when I make the cheeses and lately when I got a new refrigerator I was able to pull this out and use it to see if my fridge cooled to temp. So.. THANK YOU CHEESE MAKING SUPPLY CO.!
Excellent product. Get the longer one!
Excellent product. Very easy to read. Very easy to clip and the clip holds well. My only recommendation is get the longer one! I considered it; and now wish I had. You will be happy you did too!
I ordered this thermometer and it has not disappointed. Very accurate. Always read about equipment as sent by the company because you need to submerge to the mark indicated on the stem. CHEESE MAKING always provides adequate instructions, that is why I am a repeat customer.