This Tel-Tru thermometer, made in the USA, from the highest-quality stainless steel is both accurate and easy to use. Complete with a sturdy pot clip and large two inch dial, checking the temperature of your milk is quick and easy. Often used by the pros, because of its accuracy and durability this thermometer is a must have for home cheese makers.
Tel-Tru is known as one of the world's premier thermometer manufacturers.
- Manufatured in USA
- 2" dial
- 5" or 12" stem option
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Pan clip
- Recalibration nut
- ±1% Full span
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
I have used this thermometer a few times now and am quite happy with it. It seems accurate and have had success with the cheeses I have made when using it.
This thermometer has been a good choice. I use it when making cheese, yogurt, or anything really.
Vary good and accurate thermometer. I would recommend it.
It is very accurate and easy to read. I used it for yogurt and the process went very well.
I love this thermometer. I wish I would have bought it a lot sooner. It fits perfectly in my pot if I have 1 gallon of milk or 4 gallons of milk to make cheese. I highly recommend it.