Fresh Starter Culture $7.95EASY TO USE, PRE-MEASURED CULTURE
"This culture makes it easy to make fresh cheese exactly how my family likes it over and over again!"–Ann, Happy Cheese Maker
Fresh starter culture can be used to make Cottage Cheese, Pot Cheese, Neufchatel and other soft cheese. This culture will make a single batch of mother culture for cheese making.
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- (LMC) Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
Store in freezer
Each of the five packets will make 1 quart of prepared culture
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 quart of sterilized milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of fresh starter culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 12-15 hours
- Store prepared culture in a refrigerator and use within one week
- Freeze any culture, that will not be used within one week, in ice cube trays
- Repeat the steps above but substitute culture packet for 1-2 cubes (1/4 cup) of prepared culture
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- cottage cheese
Fresh Mother Culture
Was able to make cubes of culture for in the freezer and made a pot cheese that is prime!
Goat milk Cheddar
My first attempt at a goats milk cheddar with this recipe. It sure looks good
I love this because it lets me keep starter on hand all the time.
Used to make homemade cream cheese. I used cream from our Jersey Cow. Sterilized the cream and added the culture. Tastes great.
Best Cottage Cheese Ever
My cottage cheese is made with local, raw milk, Fresh Starter Culture (item# C3) and a wee bit of Flora Danica (item # C11). It smells heavenly and tastes great. The grandkids love it!