Liquid Chymosin RennetDouble strength rennet for cheese making
CHY-MAX® is a double strength, NON-GMO, gluten free pure chymosin rennet produced by submerged fermentation on a vegetable substrate. This rennet can be used for producing any type of cheese; hard, semi-hard, soft, mold-ripened, low-fat and ingredient cheeses.
Liquid rennet is easy to measure and add to milk, which makes it a favorite for both beginner and advanced cheese makers alike.
- Sodium chloride
Store in the refrigerator
1/4 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes
- 1 oz | approximately 6 tsp | sets up to 48 gallons of milk
- 2 oz | approximately 12 tsp | sets up to 96 gallons of milk
- 1 pint | approximately 96 tsp | sets up to 768 gallons of milk
- 1 quart | approximately 192 tsp | sets up to 7536 gallons of milk
- 1 gallon | approximately 768 tsp | sets up to 6144 gallons of milk
Kosher and Halal Info
We purchase this product Halal and Kosher OU Certified. Our rennet is then packaged into various sizes, without Kosher supervision, which voids Kosher certification. We are not, nor do we make any representation to be, under kosher certification.
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
This rennet is double strength, we suggest using half the amount recipes call for.
Mix required amount of rennet in about 1/4 cup cool, non-chlorinated water. Immediately add diluted rennet to milk, gently stir for 1 minute, to evenly distribute.
Note: The amount will vary on the condition of your milk, season and type of cheese you are making.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes