Chevre Starter Cultureeasy to make soft cheese
"My cheese turned out fantastic, it is so easy to make cheese with this starter!"
–Deana, Happy Cheese Maker
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
- New England
The Chevre starter is so simple to use, that I am regularly blessed with deliciousness, and have much-appreciative friends and neighbors.
I’m very happy with the results! It was easy and the results were great ❗️
Delicious! Was so simple and easy.
From **** to plate, I am excited to be making goat chèvre using this culture. For a long time I was making it using lemon juice or vinegar, but with this culture, it not only makes a more traditionally tasting goat cheese, but more of it, and, I don’t have to heat the milk to pasteurization temperature. So I get all the health benefits of using raw milk to make my cheese! I’m very happy with this culture. Works great. (P.S. I divide my packet amount into 4 amounts, as I only need 1/4 packet for each quart of milk)