Chevre Starter Cultureeasy to make soft cheese
"My cheese turned out fantastic, it is so easy to make cheese with this starter!"
–Deana, Happy Cheese Maker
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
- starter culture
- New England
Easy to make and the results were delicious!
This product is easy to use with great results!
Easy consistent results
We love making chèvre with the New England Culture! It’s a great cheese for overnight and easy to make without special tools- I do have the mozzarella kit too- but limited success there so far. Chèvre is my go-to for success! We’ve made great yogurt with the New England sweet culture too.
Easy to shop
I love being able to shop for cheese making supplies online and have them delivered.
Great for beginners
If you have wanted to attempt making cheese, here is a great place to start. I made it as Christmas gifts this year, and at first I was quite intimidated. But it turned out great and everyone loved it