Chevre Starter Cultureeasy to make soft cheese
"My cheese turned out fantastic, it is so easy to make cheese with this starter!"
–Deana, Happy Cheese Maker
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
- New England
We run a small raw goat dairy and use the chevre culture to start a number of our cheeses, including but not limited to chevre. This culture is easy to use and produces consistent results everytime. Our chevre turns out delicious and creamy! Thank you New England Cheesemaking for making our cheesemaking experience easy!!!
The Chèvre culture pack makes goat cheese making super easy. I make it more than any other cheese. So delicious!
this starter makes making goat cheese a breeze. I love having fresh goat cheese!!