Chevre Starter Cultureeasy to make soft cheese
"My cheese turned out fantastic, it is so easy to make cheese with this starter!"
–Deana, Happy Cheese Maker
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
First time cheese maker
Easy to use and delicious!
Wow was this a cinch with a delicious result. I bought raw goat milk from a local goat farmer who recommended New England Cheese Making Supply for cheese making supplies and recipes. My order arrived in a matter of days. I followed the recipe on the packet and had the milk heated, mixed and covered in 15 minutes! Can't wait to make again. Like to add herds next time for a twist. Enjoy!
This is my favorite cheese to make
Makes a special treat and so easy to get started!
Did what it was supposed to do
Great culture - made a delicious cheese! :)