Chevre Starter Culture
This Chevre culture creates a rich and creamy tasting fresh cheese from goats milk. Make up to five batches of cheese with this culture pack, each batch will be approximately two pounds of cheese. This culture is a favorite among cheese makers because it's easy to use and produces a fantastic cheese.
- (LL) lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Store in the freezer for up to 2 years
Each of the five packets will make approximately 2 pounds of cheese
New England Cheesemaking Supply Company
Kosher certificate available upon request
|Yes||No||Allergens||Description Of Components|
- Heat 1 gallon of milk to 86ºF
- Add 1 packet of chevre culture to milk, let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes
- Stir milk for 1-2 minutes
- Let set for 6-12 hours
- Drain in Butter Muslin for 4-8 hours
- Store finished cheese in a refrigerator for up to one week
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
- goat milk
It worked.....although I was skeptical after it sitting in my mailbox on a hot day!
Easy to use
My cheese turned out fantastic! It is so easy to make cheese with this starter. Will definitely use again!
Easy to use, delicious results.