With an easy to read dial that ranges from 0-220F (-20-100C), this is a great economical dairy thermometer for making cheese at home.
- 1 1/2" dial
- Stainless steel stem
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Storage sleeve
- Recalibration nut
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.