With an easy to read dial that ranges from 0-220F (-20-100C), this is a great economical dairy thermometer for making cheese at home.
- 1 1/2" dial
- Stainless steel stem
- 0 to 220°F
- -10 to 100°C
- Storage sleeve
- Recalibration nut
- Glass lens
- Sanitize before use
- Wash stem in hot soapy water after use
How to recalibrate
Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your thermometer.
- Run warm water between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers.
- Place thermometers in the water, check temperature readings once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- Q & A
- Related Recipes
We have a small dairy and live in a tiny home. So we try to live minimally and have smaller products for use. So far I’ve been loving this little thing! It’s worked great for homemade yogurt and cheese. It easily and conveniently stores away.
It is a nice Thermometer. This only negative I have is the numbers are really small. I have one with a much smaller dial that has larger numbers.
I'm very happy with the pocket thermometer I got. It is sturdy and can be easily cleaned and stored. I recommend this for everyone who wishes to have a thermometer for making cheese.
Great item. Arrived quickly. Used it to make my very first mozzarella. I plan to order from this company again.
I’m a home, and novice cheese maker, the one thing that held me back from delving into cheesemaking was getting an accurate temp on my milk, and this gives me the confidence that I needed! It goes right back into my cheese supply drawer so it is always handy and dependable