This is a Lebanese cheese using the simplest of ingredients. This finished cheese may be used in Lebanese round bread along with Colby, flour and oil. This recipe was given to me over the phone by Margaret Haggai.
- 1 Gallon milk
- 1 tsp Rennet
- Heat milk and add the rennet. Stir until curds form over a medium flame.
- Push the curds to the bottom and drain off the whey.
- Divide into 4 patties, rub each with salt and place in brine.
- This cheese will keep up to 10 days in brine.
- Change brine if it gets slimy, you may also store this in olive oil. Enjoy